The Erasmus+ program proposes to contribute to the Europe 2020 strategy for growth, employment, social equality and integration, as well as the ET2020 goals, the strategic EU framework for education and training.
The program also intends to promote the sustainable development of its partners in the field of higher education and to contribute to the achievement of the EU strategy’s objectives for youths.
Some of the topics specifically addressed in the program are:
- reducing unemployment, especially among youths
- promoting adult education, in particular with regards to new skills and abilities in demand by the labour market
- encouraging the youth to participate in European democratic life
- supporting innovation, collaboration and reforms
- reducing school abandonment
- promoting collaboration and mobility with partner countries of the EU.